BIRMINGHAM, UK, December 4, 2013 – Short, Scary Tales Publications (SST Publications) Owner, Paul Fry is honoured to announce that horror legend Ramsey Campbell, has joined Beware the Dark magazine as a regular columnist, effective immediately. In welcoming Ramsey, Paul stated: “I am extremely happy to announce that Ramsey Campbell has joined Beware the Dark magazine with a regular column. Ramsey Campbell is a horror legend and has received more awards for his writing than any other author writing in the horror genre. It really is a privilege to have Ramsey writing for the magazine and I know his fans will be delighted with what he comes up with!”
About Ramsey Campbell:
The Oxford Companion to English Literature describes Ramsey Campbell as “Britain’s most respected living horror writer”. He has been given more awards than any other writer in the field, including the Grand Master Award of the World Horror Convention, the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Horror Writers Association and the Living Legend Award of the International Horror Guild. Among his novels are The Face That Must Die, Incarnate, Midnight Sun, The Count of Eleven, Silent Children, The Darkest Part of the Woods, The Overnight, Secret Story, The Grin of the Dark, Thieving Fear, Creatures of the Pool, The Seven Days of Cain, Ghosts Know and The Kind Folk. The Last Revelation of Gla’aki and The Pretence are novellas. His collections include Waking Nightmares, Alone with the Horrors, Ghosts and Grisly Things, Told by the Dead and Just Behind You, and his non-fiction is collected as Ramsey Campbell, Probably. His novels The Nameless and Pact of the Fathers have been filmed in Spain. His regular columns appear in Prism, All Hallows, Dead Reckonings and Video Watchdog. He is the President of the British Fantasy Society and of the Society of Fantastic Films.
Ramsey Campbell lives on Merseyside with his wife Jenny. His pleasures include classical music, good food and wine, and whatever’s in that pipe. His web site is at www.ramseycampbell.com.”
SST Publications are an independent publisher focusing on publishing the best in horror and erotic horror fiction. We have published several books; our first title, Cold Storage included an introduction by legendary author Graham Masterton. Our most recent books include the erotic horror anthology Peep Show, Volume 2 and the debut dark, thriller novel Don’t Stand So Close by screenwriter/director Eric Red. We also published the classic erotic horror magazine Peep Show, and have recently launched our new horror fiction & dark art magazine Beware the Dark, which is a unique size (7.44 x 9.69 in), full-color interior, high-quality produced mag of between 100-130 pages bringing you the best dark and disturbing fiction and artwork. We publish our titles in multiple formats and they are distributed worldwide by Ingram, the world’s largest book distributor.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015