The Big Thrill, the online monthly newsletter of the International Thriller Writers, is currently running an interview with R.L. Stine. While you’re probably familiar with his very successful Goosebumps series, you may not know just how successful he’s been. The truth is Stine has sold 300 million copies of his books over the years.
“I receive many letters from parents who tell me their kid never liked to read – and then they caught them reading Goosebumps or Fear Street under the covers late at night,” says Stine in the interview. “That’s always a thrill for me. You know, my career really isn’t about terrifying kids – it’s all about motivating them to read.”
Stine is currently working on a young adult anthology for the International Thriller Writers organization. Titled Fear, it will bring together thirteen stories by thirteen authors, some young adult authors and some adult thriller writers.
You can read the interview in its entirety here: R.L. Stine
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013