From the press release
“The dark reverse of a personal growth novel, a hoot of a crime thriller.” – The Independent
“A breathtaking thriller set in the dark shadow of the everyday …a razor sharp parable of modern life” – Jake Arnott
Christopher Fowler, the writer behind the Bryant & May series, is returning to Solaris with a new horror crime thriller that slices through the facile world of modern consumerist urban life.
June Cryer is a shopaholic suburban housewife trapped in a lousy marriage. After losing her home, husband and credit rating, she flat-sits a friend’s spectacular London high-rise apartment and prepares to indulge herself amidst London’s wealth.
But when a terrified girl breaks into the flat, June makes the mistake of asking the neighbours for help and she finds herself embroiled in an escalating nightmare, trying to prove that a murderer exists. For the next 24 hours she must survive on the streets without friends or money and solve an impossible crime.
Fowler has produced a dark thriller that skewers the lives of the urban rich, cutting open dark fears and bringing forth a novel that reveals the flimsy insecurities of modern life.
About the Author
Born in London, Christopher Fowler has written for film, radio, television, graphic novels and for newspapers, including The London Times, for more than thirty years. He is a regular columnist for The Independent on Sunday. Fowler is the multi-award winning author of more than thirty novels, including the lauded Bryant & May mysteries. In the past year he has been nominated for eight national book awards.
Also by Christopher Fowler
by Christopher Fowler
£7.99 (UK) ISBN 978-9-07992-43-8
$8.99/$9.99 (US & CAN) ISBN 978-1-907992-44-5
Available as an ebook
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015