The Pioneer Schlocktober Horror Film Festival is set now. Some of the late addition highlights include the October 10th & 11th screenings of The Wild Man Of The Navidad, a vintage horror tale based on the real-life journals of Dale S. Rogers. Shot in a 70’s style B-movie aesthetic, Mr. Roger’s veracious accounts are brought to vivid, chilling life in this intelligent retelling of an old rural legend involving a small Texas community terrified for years by a mysterious creature inhabiting the nearby woods.
Plague Town will show on October 10th. A dysfunctional American family visiting their Irish roots accidentally stumbles on a horde of bloodthirsty mutant (and decidedly homicidal) children.
On October 19th folks will get to see the world premiere screening of H.P. Lovecraft’s Colour From The Dark, based on the classic story “The Colour Out of Space.” The 1940’s, and World War II is raging. Pietro (Michael Segal) and Lucia (Debbie Rochon) live on an isolated farm with Alice, Lucia’s younger sister (Marysia Kay). One day, while drawing water from the well, a strange and alien color flashes underwater, at the well’s bottom, then disappears. From that moment on, inexplicable events start happening all around the farm, and by night the surrounding vegetation glitters with a sinister glow.
There’s plenty more. Catch the full schedule at: Schlocktober
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009