Pasadena Public Library presents Horror from A to Z featuring author/screenwriter/editor panelists versed in horror genre on Saturday, April 27 from 1 – 5 p.m. in Central Library’s Donald R. Wright Auditorium, 285 E. Walnut St.
Moderator and panel experts will cover “Introduction to Horror Books, Including Recommended Reading” featuring moderator Brad C. Hodson and panelists; Hal Bodner, Benjamin Ethridge and Ted Grau.
• Moderator Brad C. Hodson is a novelist and screenwriter.
• Panelist Hal Bodner is best known as the author of the best-selling gay vampire novel, Bite Club, and has been called “…one of the strongest voices in contemporary humor.”
• Panelist Benjamin Kane Ethridge is the Bram Stoker Award winning author of the novels BLACK & ORANGE (2010), BOTTLED ABYSS (2012), and DUNGEON BRAIN (2012).
• Panelist T.E. Grau is an author of Weird, Lovecraftian, and Dark Fiction. His first collection of short fiction will be published in 2013.
“How to Get Started Writing and Publishing in the Horror Industry” features moderator John Palisano and panelists; Edward M. Erdelac, Courtney Joyner and P.S. Gifford.
• Moderator John Palisano is a writer of the weird, with stories sized short to long published throughout many venues. His work often touches on metaphysical, spiritual, and, the strange.
• Panelist Edward M. Erdelac is an award winning screenwriter, an independent filmmaker, and the author of the acclaimed Judaic/Lovecraftian weird western series MERKABAH RIDER from Damnation Books, the Van Helsing paranormal mystery TEROVOLAS, the coming of age novel BUFF TEA from Texas Review Press, and the psycho-sexual revenge western COYOTE’S TRAIL from Comet Press (July 2013).
• Panelist Courtney Joyner is an award-winning writer who has scripted movies and television for more than 30 years, including THE OFFSPRING starring Vincent Price, PRISON, CLASS OF 1999, and the new RETURN OF CAPT. NEMO starring Hugh Bonneville. He is a noted film journalist, with a regular column in TRUE WEST magazine, and six books on film in print.
• Panelist P.S. Gifford has three collections of his short fiction in print, and has been featured in dozens of anthologies and magazines. 2013 will see the release of his first novel.
“Horror For Young Adults” featuring moderator Lisa Morton and panelists; E.S. Magill, Roh Morgon and Kelly Dunn.
• Moderator Lisa Morton is a screenwriter, author of non-fiction books, award-winning prose writer, and Halloween expert. Her work was described by the American Library Association’s Readers’ Advisory Guide to Horror as “consistently dark, unsettling, and frightening”, and Famous Monsters called her “one of the best writers in dark fiction today”.
• Panelist E.S. Magill is the editor of the recently released DEEP CUTS Anthology, 19 short horror stories to give you shivers plus 60 recommendations for powerhouse horror tales written by women.
• Panelist Roh Morgon weaves urban fantasy and horror for adult, young adult, and middle grade readers. Her adult vampire series includes the novel Watcher: Book I of The Chosen, its upcoming sequel, Runner, and the historical dark fantasy The Last Trace.
• Panelist Kelly Dunn’s horror stories have been featured in the anthologies The Dead That Walk, Midnight Walk,The Undead That Saved Christmas, Vol. 2, and the forthcoming After Death. She is the editor of the horror fiction anthology, Mutation Nation.
In addition to the panel presentations horror genre authors; Steven W. Booth, Eric J. Guignard, Del Howison, Kate Jonez, Eric Miller, S.P. Miskowski, Joanna Parypinski, Mike Robinson, Anthony Servante, and Stephen Woodworth will be on-site to sign their books. Many of the authors, moderators, and panelists’ books will also be available for sale and signing.
For more information, contact Nick Smith at (626) 744-4119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015