Paramount Pictures will debut the Slamdance and Telluride Film Festival favorite Paranormal Activity at a midnight screening on September 24 at the Alamo Draft House to kick off Austin’s Fantastic Fest. The screening will be introduced by Ain’t-it-Cool-News founder and Fantastic Fest co-founder Harry Knowles.
Additionally, for the first time ever, fans around the country will get a chance to see the movie at the same time. Paranormal Activity will hold concurrent midnight screenings in seven additional markets in the U.S, including Los Angeles (ArcLight Hollywood), New York (Landmark Sunshine Theater), San Francisco (The Castro), Chicago (The Music Box), Boston (The Coolidge), Atlanta (The Plaza) and Seattle (Neptune).
Directed, written and produced by Oren Peli, the innovative thriller stars Katie Featherston and Micah Sloat. The film was produced by Jason Blum. Steven Schneider served as executive producer.
“Midnight at Fantastic Fest is the ideal place to launch the theatrical release of Paranormal Activity,” says Knowles. “Like the main couple in the movie, I dare anyone in the audience to try and sleep the rest of the night.”
In Paranormal Activity, after a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban ‘starter’ tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be demonic, but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to.
Here’s the trailer. After viewing this, make sure you read the paragraph below for a chance to get free tickets at one of eight cities for the opening night.
As mentioned above, Paramount will be giving away tickets to a screening in select cities across the US. The locations are: Los Angeles (ArcLight Hollywood), New York (Landmark Sunshine Theater), San Francisco (The Castro), Chicago (The Music Box), Boston (The Coolidge), Atlanta (The Plaza) and Seattle (Neptune). No one under the age of 17 (including infants) will be admitted. Here is where you can submit your personal RSVP to attend: Paranormal Activity
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013