Coming July 2011, Night Shade books has announced the debut novel from Jonathan Wood, No Hero.
“What would Kurt Russell do?”
Description: Set in sleepy Oxford, the “city of dreaming spires,” No Hero, follows Arthur Wallace, a middle-age British homicide detective more accustomed to paperwork and dull stakeouts than over-the-top heroics. Arthur’s a good cop, a proper British bobby, and while he’s a lifelong fan of American action movies, particularly those starring Kurt Russell, he prefers that the high-stakes action remain on the screen, safely performed by professionals.
But shortly after Arthur is injured in the line of duty by a mysterious swordswoman, secretive government agency MI37 comes calling, hoping to recruit Arthur in their struggle against a race of tentacled horrors from another dimension known as the Progeny. Tasked with the leadership of the team of misfits that stands between the Progeny and Earth’s certain destruction, Arthur must move beyond his vicarious cinematic worldview and find the hero within. But Arthur is No Hero.
Can an everyman stand against sanity-ripping cosmic horrors?
Trade paperback, $14.99
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013