Solaris has released a free online copy of one of the British Fantasy Society Award-nominated stories from its celebrated anthology of horror stories set in and around the Underground.
“The Lure,” by Nicholas Royle, is now available as a free download. Both it and The End of the Line anthology were nominated last month for the prestigious awards
“The Lure” – an erotically-charged tale of voyeurism and dread sparked when someone sees an unusual stranger on the Paris Metro – is a stand-out tale in an anthology that The Times described as “… an excellent sampling of the best writers in this field…”
The story is available to download as a PDF from Solaris’ website here: The Lure
Royle’s first novel for Solaris, Regicide, will be published in September.
Released in October last year, The End of the Line has been nominated in the Best Anthology category for the 2011 awards while “The Lure” has been nominated for Best Short Story.
The End of The Line collects some of the very best in new horror writing in a themed anthology of stories set on, and around, the Underground, the Metro and other places deep below. This collection of 19 new stories includes thoughtful, disturbing and terrifying subterranean tales by Ramsey Campbell, Christopher Fowler, Mark Morris, Pat Cadigan, Adam Nevill and Michael Marshall Smith, amongst many others.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013