The August 2010 Fantastic Fiction at KGB reading series, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel, will present Laura Anne Gilman. Gilman is the author of more than a dozen novels, including the Nebula-nominated Flesh and Fire and Hard Magic, part of the best-selling Cosa Nostradamus urban fantasy series. She has also sold more than twenty-five short stories, published in magazines and anthologies such as Polyphony and Realms of Fantasy. Her forthcoming novels include Weight of Stone: Book 2 of The Vineart War, and Pack of Lies.
Also reading will be Mary Robinette Kowal, the author of Shades of Milk and Honey (Tor 2010), the fantasy novel that Jane Austen might have written. In 2008 she received the Campbell Award for Best New Writer and in 2009 her story “Evil Robot Monkey” was nominated for the Hugo Award. Her stories have appeared in Strange Horizons, Asimov’s, and several Year’s Best anthologies. Subterranean Press released her short story collection, Scenting the Dark and Other Stories, in 2009. Kowal is also a professional puppeteer.
It’s all happening on Wednesday August 18th, 7pm at KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.)
The readings are free.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013