From the press release:
Before Hannibal Lector, Patrick Bateman, and Dexter Morgan, there was Jack the Ripper. The difference? Jack was real.
Featuring many of the most distinct voices in dark fantasy and horror, Tales of Jack the Ripper celebrates the 125-year literary legacy of Jack the Ripper, the first serial killer to achieve rock star status.
1888: One hundred and twenty-five years ago, a killer stalked the streets of London’s Whitechapel district, brutally–some would say ritualistically–murdering five women (that we know of): Mary Ann Nichols, Annie
Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes, and Mary Jane Kelly.
The story of Jack the Ripper captured lurid headlines and the public’s imagination, and the first fictionalization of the Ripper killings, John Francis Brewer’s The Curse Upon Mitre Square appeared in October of 1888, mere weeks after the discovery of Jack’s first victim. Since then, hundreds of stories have been written about Bloody Jack, his victims, and his legacy. Authors ranging from Marie Belloc Lowndes to Robert Bloch to Harlan Ellison to Roger Zelazny to Alan Moore have added their own tales to the Ripper myth. Now, as we arrive at the quasquicentennial of the murders, we bring you a few tales more.
From the editor who brought you The Book of Cthulhu comes Tales of Jack the Ripper, a collection of seventeen stories and two poems from many of today’s darkest dreamers, including Joe R. Lansdale, Ramsey Campbell,
Laird Barron, Ennis Drake, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, and many more.
about the editor
Ross E. Lockhart is an author, anthologist, and editor. He is a veteran of small-press publishing, having edited scores of well-regarded novels of horror, fantasy, and science fiction. Called a “master of the literary mixtape,” Lockhart edited the acclaimed Lovecraftian anthologies The Book of Cthulhu I and II. He is the author of the rock-and-roll novel Chick Bassist. Lockhart lives in an old church in Petaluma, CA, with his wife, hundreds of books, and Elinor Phantom, a Shih Tzu moonlighting as his editorial assistant.
Visit him online at www.haresrocklots.com.
TALES OF JACK THE RIPPER
$15.99 US • TRADE PB
8.5 X 5.5 INCH • 256 PP
HORROR • AUGUST 2013
AVAILABLE THROUGH INGRAM
WORD HORDE • PUBLICITY@WORDHORDE.COM • WWW.WORDHORDE.COM
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015