A New Category B Channel will be available to Canadian horror fans
MONTREAL, April 24, 2014 /CNW/ – Canadian horror fans will be able to enjoy a new specialty channel in the coming months, TERROR TV will be making its debut on the Canadian television landscape in the fall of 2014.
Terror TV is a new specialty television channel that will be entirely devoted to the horror genre. The program schedule for the channel will consist of mainstream horror content, feature films, MOW, direct-to-video titles, and classics from the ’30s to today’s hits. All feature films will be presented without commercial interruption. Terror TV will also broadcast a variety of anthology horror series and miniseries, from classics such as Alfred Hitchcock Presents to the more recent Kingdom Hospital.
At this time, negotiations are under way with Canadian cable, telecommunication and satellite providers to make TERROR TV available to all Canadian genre fans.
New original shows
Terror TV will broadcast two new original shows in the coming months:
– WHAT’S UP? will be a 30-minute daily entertainment magazine devoted to the horror genre;
– SPASM CAPSULE will presents horror short films and interviews with the creators. These capsules will be presented daily as well.
Terror TV is planned to launch in August / September 2014 with a free preview period.
Check out the website at www.terrortv.ca for more information and a peek at the programming that will be available.
TERROR TV is owned by CALLISTO TELEVISION CORP. CALLISTO is owned by a group of private Canadian investors headed by Sylvain Gagné. With more than 20 years’ experience in the film and TV industry, he is supported by a team of very experienced professionals in the industry.
“Our commitment to the viewers is to bring them the most diverse combination of horror titles from around the world and from a span of the last century,” said Sylvain Gagné, President of CALLISTO. We want to deliver both the quality and the quantity of premier titles and classics to position TERROR TV as Canada’s number one TV destination for genre fans.”
Promo reel link: http://vimeo.com/89226870
SOURCE TERROR TV
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015