Veteran literary agent and publisher Lori Perkins is teaming with former Alyson Books publisher Donald Weise to launch Riverdale Avenue Books, a multi-imprint e-book and audiobook publisher set to launch December 17 with two nonfiction titles.
The new house will begin with five imprints focused on separate genres. The imprints are Riverdale Ave Books/Magnus Books, a joint venture specializing in LGBT titles created by Weise that will release 24 titles a year; RAB Pop, focused on pop culture, will release a title a month; RAB HSF will publish horror, science fiction and fantasy; RAB Truth is an erotic memoir line; and RAB Desire will publish erotica and romance.
Perkins, a literary agent as well as former editorial director of Ravenous Books, said the company will have a foreign rights department and a Los Angeles based film agent and will work with Audio Realms to produce simultaneous audio books on most of its titles.
The new e-book publishing venture will launch with The Secret Life of E.L. James: An Authorized Biography by Marc Shapiro, published via its Riverdale Pop line; and Deeply Superficial: Marlene Dietrich, Noel Coward and Me by Michael Menzies published by RAB/Magnus Books.
Read the complete article here: Riverdale Avenue Books To Launch in December
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013