Publisher Mohawk Media has launched its Mr. T series through its range of environmentally-friendly, paperless Eco Comics. Mr. T joins other famous names at Eco Comics including Dracula, Robin Hood, Dick Turpin, and Tough Guy. The Hollywood hard man, renowned for his image of Mohawk haircut, gold chains and catchphrases, previously appeared in print in the publisher’s graphic novels.
Editor Stuart Buckley says: “It was always our intention to release the Mr. T graphic novel as a comic book series. Each chapter was intentionally structured to be the same length as a comic book. However, we’ve had to adjust to market demands. The graphic novel has sold out. The digital titles of Eco Comics have no print run, and so will never sell out, meaning every T fan can order a copy. The added satisfaction is that the environment hasn’t suffered as a result of paper production.
“The clean cut art of JL Czerniawski makes this series a joy to behold in any format.”
“This is great, and I am truly humbled,” is how Mr. T describes becoming the star of a comic book in the foreword. And in the world exclusive interviews throughout the series, he goes further, including stating why he is an even tougher comic book hero than Wolverine.
Series writer Chris Bunting adds: “I’ve gone to great lengths to do things never attempted, such as making T as close to a super hero as possible while retaining his classic persona. After over twenty-five years of fame, this action icon finally gets a rogues’ gallery, and even a new catchphrase.”
Old and new T fans can expect plenty of other surprises too.
“Plus the amazing formats offered by Eco Comics really help bring this classic character into the digital age.”
The first five issues of Mr. T are available to order now in various digital formats via the Eco Comics store. The US dollar cover price is 0.99 for the first issue, and 1.95 for subsequent issues.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013