Morgue Street is an Italian short movie directed and edited by Alberto Viavattene and based upon the story “The Murders in The Rue Morgue” by Edgar Allan Poe. It is slated to be part of the anthology POE 2 – Project of Evil.
The screenplay was written by Emiliano Ranzani (who also photographed the movie) and Viavattene himself: it tells the story of two prostitutes, mother and daughter, played by Desiree Giorgetti (star of Morituris and Ritual: A Psychomagic Story) and Federica Tommasi (an Italian adult film actress who co-starred in Do it! – Fallo! by erotic auteur Tinto Brass) struggling against a mysterious creature after it has broken into their home.
Morgue Street is a tale of cruelty and desperation set in a violent, ferocious microcosmos where the weak will always succumb and redemption is an impossible goal. Brian Yuzna (director of Society and Bride of the Reanimator) called it “An original artistic horror” while cult author Jack Ketchum blessed it as “impressive and perverse.”
The movie will play on September 29th at the Slash Film Festival in Wien, followed by a screening in Berlin during the Porn Film Festival by the end of October.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013