Blood and Feathers: Rebellion picks up the story after the heavens-shattering events of the first book. The final war between good and evil is being waged, with Alice and Mallory trapped in the middle.
Morgan’s debut was roundly praised for its genre-busting take on angels and demons, adding a fresh new voice to the industry with a book that is violent and incisive, acerbic and witty. Sarah Pinborough said, “Dark, enticing and so sharp the pages could cut you, Blood and Feathers is a must-read for any fan of the genre”, while Philip K Dick award-winner Michael Marshall Smith described it as “a hell of a ride, but heaven to read: eerie, compelling and very funny”.
Description For Blood and Feathers: Rebellion: “This is a war. The war. There is no stopping; no getting out. You’re in this – just like the rest of us – to the end.”
Driven out of hell and with nothing to lose, the Fallen wage open warfare against the angels on the streets of our cities. And they’re winning.
As the balance tips towards the darkness, Alice – barely recovered from her own ordeal in hell and struggling to start over – once again finds herself in the eye of the storm.
But with the chaos spreading and the Archangel Michael determined to destroy Lucifer whatever the cost, is the price simply too high; and what sacrifices will Alice and the angels have to make in order to pay it?
The Fallen will rise. Trust will be betrayed. And all hell will break loose.
About The Author: Born in Wales in the UK, Lou Morgan studied medieval literature at UCL and now lives in the south of England with her husband, son and obligatory cat. Her first novel, Blood and Feathers was published by Solaris Books in August 2012, and her short stories have appeared in several anthologies. She has a weakness for pizza, and for cathedrals (but probably not at the same time).
Blood and Feathers: Rebellion is scheduled for a July 2013 release.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013