Jessy Marie Roberts, editor of Monster Mash (Pill Hill Press), says, “We are looking for scary stories, written in third person, featuring two or more traditional monsters. Other monsters (non-traditional, of your own creation) are welcome as long as two or more traditional monsters are present.”
“Traditional monsters include: vampires, werewolves/shape shifters, mummies, ghosts, witches/warlocks, aliens, dragons, zombies, gorgons, banshees, ghouls, goblins, ogres, onis, ‘Frankenstein’-type monster, golem. Stories can take place at any time (past, present, future, alternate), and can take place anywhere (Earth, sea, outer space, other planets, etc.)”
2000–4000 words preferred, but will consider 1000–15,000 words; pays 1¢/word (to 4000 words, $40 maximum) + copy, on publication.
“Please put SUBMISSION, followed by the title of the story, in the subject line of your E-mail.”
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 31, 2010.
Courtesy of The Gila Queen’s Guide to Markets. Just imagine a whole slew of markets arriving in your inbox, covering every aspect of horror, from magazines to anthologies and more. Hellnotes special: 20 issues for only $18. Just mention Hellnotes to get this great deal.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013