Monroeville Zombies, the zombie themed shop and attraction in the Monroeville Mall, will host a charity car wash with an unusual twist: Zombies! The event will bring back to the Monroeville Mall a horde of zombie re-enactors who do not want your brains, but rather your dirty cars. The participants are volunteers who enjoy dressing as zombies and will do so to raise money for the Animal Rescue League of Western Pennsylvania by washing cars.
The charity car wash will take place on August 28, 2010 from 10:00 AM to 6:00PM in the rear parking lot of the historic Monroeville Mall. Participants coming to get their cars washed are also encouraged to dress as zombies to get a $2.00 discount off the $10.00 wash fee.
Zombies are always welcome at the Monroeville Mall, which served as the location of the 1978 zombie film, George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead. Over the years the mall has become the gathering point for zombie fans with film location tours, zombie walks and even a permanent zombie attraction, Monroeville Zombies, inside its Time and Space retail store.
“We’ve been recruiting and training a special team of zombies just for this worthy charity,” says Time and Space / Monroeville Zombies President Kevin Kriess. “Zombies have always been animal friendly as they only crave human flesh. Plus they are great at lunging at cars and learning repetitive tasks such as sponging and rinsing so we are confident they are the best creatures for the job.”
Monroeville Zombies is a museum and tourist attraction celebrating Zombies in Pop-Culture. Located in the historic Monroeville Mall, location of the original film, George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead, the themed attraction takes fans through a visual history of zombies in cinema. Displays of props and memorabilia are woven into a presentation featuring interactive experiences and zombie gift shopping.
The Animal Rescue League facility operates 7 days a week for adoptions. Pets in need of homes can be viewed 24 hours a day on the Adoptions Page.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013