While the Midnight Echo goblins are busy with current submissions, they’ve decided to hold a subscription drive in the buildup to Midnight Echo Issue 7, the taboo issue, edited by Daniel Russell.
If you take out a Print subscription between now and May 31, you will go into the draw to win one of the following great prizes:
- A copy of The Ninth Nightmare by Graham Masterton, signed and personally messaged to the winners. (Three to give away)
- A signed and framed copy of ROBOT by Joshua Hoffine (the cover artist for ME7)
- Five $100 gift certificates from Cemetery Dance Publications
- A free short story critique from Kathy Ptacek* (Little Bird Editorial Services)
- A free 2-year print subscription to Midnight Echo magazine
Print subscriptions go for as little as AU$20/year. Full details can be found here: Subscribe To Midnight Echo
Prizes will be drawn on May 31 through random draws, so don’t miss out. Please note, all current Print subscribers are automatically entered into the draw.
* Kathryn Ptacek has published 20+ books, including Satan’s Angel, which made the L.A. Times bestseller list; her novels are now being reissued in e-book format by Necon Ebooks and Crossroad Press. She has written numerous short stories, articles, reviews, columns, and whatnots over the years. She is also the editor of the landmark anthology, Women of Darkness, and its follow-up, Women of Darkness II; she also edited Women of the West. Her newsletter, the Gila Queen’s Guide to Markets, focuses on publishers, magazines, contests, anthologies for writers and artists of all genres, and has been published in one form or another since 1988. For the past decade or so, she has served as the editor of the monthly newsletter for the Horror Writers Assn. She shares an old Victorian house with four rowdy cats; she collects unusual teapots, cat whiskers, and Gila monster stuff.
Ptacek also has an editing business, Little Bird Editorial Services, and will be offering her services free for one short story. She’ll check the story for characterization, plot, spelling, grammar, formatting, punctuation, story flow, active voice, sentence structure … in other words, what she calls “the whole enchilada” of editing.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013