The fourth edition of the Australian Horror Writers Association’s fiction and poetry magazine, Midnight Echo, has just been released.
“It’s hard to pick out any (of the works) as highlights – after all, I chose them, so I love them all,” said Lee Battersby, award-winning author and anthology editor. “But I do think we end the issue with a stunning final image – hopefully people will walk away from the final story with that image stuck firmly, and disturbingly, in their frontal lobes.”
The edition features: Steven J, Stegbar, Don Norum, Dan Braum, Geoffrey Maloney & Andrew Baker, Jason Crowe, Chris Green, L.L. Hannett, Patty Jansen, Philip Roberts, Richard Barber, Graham Fielding, B.L. Hobson, Holly Day, Jenny Blackford and Jude Aquilina. The edition also boasts a plethora of dark artwork by some of the best in the business, including Justin Randall.
The first edition of Midnight Echo was released in October 2008 and has since published many well-known and first-time authors.
“A magazine is only good as its submissions, and I think the quality of submissions makes for a very good magazine indeed in this instance,” Battersby said. “And with such a large subscription list, which I believe is the largest of any Australian speculative fiction magazine, authors know that placing a story within the magazine means their work will be seen by a substantial number of readers.”
Midnight Echo #4 is on sale now at AU$S3.50 for PDF and AUS$13 for a printed copy. Visit Midnight Echo to purchase a copy. AHWA members receive a free PDF of the Echo or a print copy at a discounted price of $10 plus postage.
The Australian Horror Writers Association (AHWA) is the peak professional body for Australian authors of dark fiction (horror, dark fantasy, and paranormal fiction) and has more than 250 members. The AHWA was founded in 2003, and since its incorporation in 2005, the Association has implemented an annual short story competition, a mentorship program, online writers forums, news and article archives, the fiction magazine Midnight Echo, and The Australian Shadows Award.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013