Save the Date! February 6-8 in San Francisco. Horror convention with vending, live music, Kirk’s “Crypt” private tours, panels, signings, special guest appearances and more.
Tickets are available here, password is ripper.
Fear FestEvil Guest- TOM SAVINI
The pre-eminent modern horror make-up FX master, Savini is best known for his pioneering work with director George A Romero in zombie classics such as Dawn of The Dead and Day of The Dead as well as horror epics such as Creepshow and Maniac. Also a writer and director, Savini helped train and teach Greg Nicotero in the art of FX on Day of The Dead, and also runs a make-up FX program at the Douglas Education Center in Monessan, PA.
Fear FestEviL Guest GREG NICOTERO
A modern legend in zombie and horror culture, Nicotero learnt his make-up FX trade under the tutelage of George A Romero and Tom Savani before going on to direct, feature and create the make-up FX for smash-hit TV series The Walking Dead. The most in-demand make-up FX supervisor in Hollywood, Nicotero has worked on titles ranging from Spiderman to Kill Bill 1 & 2. Nicotero’s legend continues to flourish with The Walking Dead currently shooting season 4 in Atlanta.
Fear FestEviL Guest JOHN A. RUSSO
With twenty books published internationally and nineteen feature movies in worldwide distribution, John A. Russo has been called “a living legend.” He began by co-authoring the screenplay for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD which has since become known as a “horror classic.” His three books on the art and craft of movie making have become bibles of independent production, and one of the them, entitled SCARE TACTICS, won a national award for Superior Achievement in Nonfiction. Quentin Tarantino and many other noted filmmakers have unabashedly stated that Russo’s books have helped them to launch their careers.
Russo’s popularity among genre fans remains at a high pitch, evidenced by the fact that this year alone he will be a main attraction in four movie-making books by other authors, and will be a guest on an Internet panel hosted by Edgar-winning writer Jonathan Maberry.
John Russo’s current movie projects, in addition to ESCAPE OF THE LIVING DEAD, include a horror thriller about teenage vampires, a dark fantasy concerning an alien invasion of a small town, and a hilariously funny TV series entitled THE ZOMBIE COMEDY SHOW.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015