Following hot on the heels of Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, undead short story master Eric S. Brown takes a stab at H.G. Wells’s The War of the Worlds.
In genre circles, science fiction usually carries with it some level of horror. Now zombie short story master Eric S. Brown takes sci-fi horror to a whole new level with his amazing additions to H.G. Wells’s famed novel, The War of the Worlds, now titled, The War of the Worlds Plus Blood, Guts and Zombies.
What if it wasn’t just aliens that landed that fateful day when ships from Mars appeared in the sky? What if something else happened, something that would change the face of the planet even more than an alien invasion? What if the dead began to rise and stalked the living in addition to beings from another world?
“Brown has taken the regular narrative of H.G. Wells’s book and has blended his own thoughts on a zombie apocalypse into it seamlessly,” says Brown’s publisher A.P. Fuchs of Coscom Entertainment. “I was astonished at how much he was able to mimic Wells’s voice so perfectly when I first received the manuscript. Unless you know the original forwards and backwards, you won’t know where Wells leaves off and Eric Brown begins. Aside from the zombie bits, of course.”
From the book’s jacket copy: The invasion begins … and the dead start to rise. There’s panic in the streets of London as invaders from Mars wreak havoc on the living, slaying the populace with Heat-Rays and poisonous clouds of black smoke. Humanity struggles to survive against technology far beyond its own, meeting fear and death at every turn. But that’s not the only struggle mankind must face. The dead are rising from their graves with an insatiable hunger for human flesh. Friends, neighbours and loved ones lost to the war of the worlds are now the enemy and the Earth is forever changed. It’s kill or be killed, if you want to survive, otherwise you might become one of the walking dead yourself.
The novel is set to be published on April 30, 2009. You can order here: War of The Worlds Plus
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009