Read By Dawn Volume III will be published in May 2008.
Please read these guidelines carefully. They are designed to answer most if not all of the questions you might have about submitting to this anthology.
All submissions, and any unanswered questions about the submissions process, should be addressed to: Read By Dawn
– The final deadline for submissions is midnight (GMT) October 31st, 2007
– The maximum accepted word length is 5000 words but anything up to that is acceptable
– Any work submitted over 5000 words will not be considered
– We accept both prose and poetry
– Each piece submitted must have a cover sheet with the information laid out as shown below:
– Story Title
– Word Count
– Full Name
– Full Pen Name
– Email Address (please do not supply an email address for an account which you only check from time to time, or one which is likely to exceed its mailbox quota)
You may submit a maximum of three works for consideration.
If you are submitting multiple works attached to one email, please ensure that you clearly state in the body of the email, IN BLOCK CAPITALS, the titles of all works being submitted. This is in addition to each work having its own cover sheet
If you submit more than one piece for consideration over the submission period, please DO NOT reattach works you have already submitted
We accept works in .doc and .rtf formats only
– We do not accept online submissions. Each piece of work must come as an attachment
– Please do not send a bio of any kind. We do not publish them in the anthology and so the information is irrelevant
– Please make an effort to both spell-check and proof-read your story
– Please submit your work in single-line spacing, in the font of your choice
– You may not submit ‘slightly revised’ versions of work already submitted. If you are short-listed, you will be given an opportunity to edit the work before I and our readers make our final choice
– We only accept submissions by email
When you submit, we will send you an email confirming receipt. You will not hear from us again until the week following 15th November when you will be notified whether or not your story has been short-listed
While we do allow simultaneous submissions, I do ask that you notify us as soon as any piece you have submitted to us is accepted elsewhere
Also, please do not use the concept of us allowing simultaneous submissions as attempted leverage for selection. If another publication is interested in your piece, we are delighted for you, really!