March-is-love-your-Indie-Bookstore month, and Joe Hill’s running a contest. Here’s how to play: Go to a local independent bookstore. Buy something. Save the receipt. Send a photo or scan of the receipt to this address: email@example.com. Make sure either your e-mail or your receipt includes the name and phone number of the bookstore in question.
Prize: At the end of March Hill will have a random drawing, and send the winner a signed slipcased copy of Gunpowder. As this thing goes along, he’ll be adding other signed editions of other books for other randomly drawn winners.
1. The contest is back-dated to March 1st. So if you made a purchase earlier in the month, and you’ve still got the receipt, you’re good to go.
2. Your purchase must exceed 99 cents.
3. Only one entry per household, please.
4. Hill will play nice, but if necessary, he reserves the right to modify rules for fairness.
5. Contest ends 12PM EST on March 31st, 2009.
6. Entries should include a shipping address, so he’ll know where to mail your prize if you win, and to prevent multiple entries. (If you entered before March 13th, and didn’t provide a shipping address, don’t worry … your entry is still valid. But entries from the 13th onward that fail to provide a shipping address may be thrown out) Remember, only one entry per household. That means you only get to enter once, no matter how many receipts you email.