After a ten-year hiatus, the award-winning magazine, Lore, returns to bring readers some of the best speculative fiction, artwork and web content being offered today.
Lore began in 1995 as an approximately 70-page, saddle-stitched, digest-sized labor of love. It ran for nine issues until 2000. During its initial run, it won The Deathrealm Award for Best Magazine, The Dragon’s Breath Award for Best New Magazine and was featured on The SciFi channel’s Sci-Fi Buzz, in addition to seeing coverage in a great many mainstream media outlets.
Some of the fiction Lore published went on to win The Bram Stoker Award, The Deathrealm Award, The World Fantasy Award, and garnered a great many Honorable Mentions in Datlow & Windling’s Years Best Fantasy & Horror. The magazine published original works by such luminaries as Harlan Ellison, Brian Lumley, Tom Picccirilli, Jeffrey Thomas, Brian McNaughton, Richard Corben, and many others.
Rod Heather, Editor/Publisher
Sean O’Leary, Editor/Publisher
You can visit Lore online for compelling content, submission guidelines, ad rates, and subscription information.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013