The Locus Awards are being held June 15th – 16th, 2012 in Seattle, Washington.
Tickets are $40 and include all Locus events – including readings, a kickoff meet-and-greet, panels with leading authors, an autograph session, the lunch banquet, and the annual Hawai’ian shirt contest judged by the fabulous Connie Willis, who will MC the ceremony and present the Locus Awards – all followed by the Clarion West Party on Saturday night honoring Clarion West supporters, awards weekend ticket holders, and special guests. The events are held across the street from the Seattle Center, home to the SF Museum and the Experience Music Project, with excellent access to the light rail and trolley systems.
In addition, non-profit literary organization NW Media Arts is sponsoring special Awards Weekend writers workshops with James Patrick Kelly and Connie Willis at the nearby Richard Hugo House. Additional fees apply.
Special room rates, $131 per night, will be available from Wednesday, June 13 through Sunday June 17 at the Best Western Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Avenue North, Seattle WA 98109, directly across the street from the Seattle Center and Experience Music Project/SF Museum. For hotel reservations, call Joseph Ambler at (206) 674-6616 and mention the “Science Fiction Awards Group”, or you may call the general number at 1(800) 351-9444. Please make reservations by May 4, 2012 in order to secure the special room rate. If you need to book additional days, please e-mail Locus or call us at (510) 339-9196 and we will arrange it for you.
Friday, June 15
Evening: Author readings by Connie Willis and James Patrick Kelly in the Whidbey-Shaw Room at the Best Western Executive Inn, presented by NW Media Arts and University Book Store. Followed by an evening meet-and-greet in the lounge.
Saturday, June 16
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.: Panel with leading authors, topic TBA.
- 10:55 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.: Panel with leading authors, topic TBA.
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Autographing session with books available for purchase thanks to University Book Store.
- 12:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Locus Awards Lunch Banquet and Ceremony at the Best Western Executive Inn with M.C. Connie Willis, who will present the awards and judge the annual Hawai’ian Shirt Contest.
Evening: Clarion West Party in the Whidbey-Shaw Room at the Best Western Executive Inn.
Schedule is subject to change without notice. Don’t forget to wear your most outlandish Hawai’ian shirt to the Locus Awards!
You can register online here: The Locus Awards
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013