Horror comes in many forms.
There’s a misconception about horror, that it has to be bloody, it has to be filled with entrails and viscera, it has to have demons or knives. It has to involve vampires. It has to have a monster.
But horror has many faces. It can be a mother, in the heat of summer, alone in an empty parking lot, realizing she’s locked her keys and purse in the car… with her twelve-month old infant strapped in the back seat. It can be a stalker in an alley or a withering disease. Horror comes in many shapes and sizes, some of them more mundane than others, some perhaps messier. But in the end, all horror stories have one thing in common. The monster is the truth.
That truth may be that we all die one day. Those we love, those we care about, will all at some point, cease to breathe, cease to walk and laugh, cease to tell their stories, and simply become inert.
In this collection you’ll find a variety of ways in which the truth is told. People trapped in their own bodies, infected and mindless, forced to obey their hunger; men seeking the cosmic truth to find they wish they’d never discovered it; the Antichrist with his own congregation of followers, with claws and wings and livers for eyes; a parasitic fungus which feeds on information, memories, and bodies; a corporation makes a devil’s bargain with people too desperate for work to say no; a failing author finds himself possessed to write a horror bestseller at a steep price; a crime investigation turns into something far more terrifying; a man finds himself haunted by a child born in the catacombs of a sanitarium; this guy keeps appearing and I can’t stop killing him.
All these stories speak of the unspoken truths, of the dark places in our minds we pretend we don’t see. They speak of entropy in its purest form, of the all-devouring maw to which we all return one day.
So step right in, take a seat. Face the truth with us. – Martin Kee
The initial titles in the bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
- Bloom by Martin Kee
- Hell’s Muse by Jack Wallen
- Limbus, Inc. by Jonathan Maberry, Joseph Nassise, Benjamin Kane Ethridge, Brett J. Talley and Anne C. Petty
- That Which Should Not Be by Brett J. Talley
- Tunnel Vision by Tanya Eby
- Crime Seen by Michaelbrent Collings
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $12, you’ll get another three books:
- Irregular Creatures by Chuck Wendig
- I, Zombie by Hugh Howey
- The Red Church byScott Nicholson
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, and .mobi) for all books, but after the three weeks are over, the bundle is gone forever!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $3): You decide how much four fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to SIX thrilling titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re not just getting SIX books, you’re getting NINE!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014
- Demons Come To New York - October 15, 2014