Subterranean Press is gearing up for the release of Lesser Demons, Norman Partridge’s short story collection.
Description: While the sun blisters a dying world, a mutant spider battles a squad of toy soldiers and a plastic cowboy on his last ride …
- A gangster, a sheriff, and a mysterious traveler face an army of mechanical vampires burrowing up from hell itself during a wild Montana storm…
- In a desert poisoned by atomic radiation, an abused boy stands between a rampaging giant and the hunter who would make him a grisly trophy…
- Beneath a full Arizona moon, a drifter faces a pack of merciless human animals and the werewolf who butchered his sister…
- In the American West, a legendary gunslinger delivers a cursed bounty to the one-horse town where his partner’s ghost awaits.
Tales of hardboiled horror and Twilight Zone noir. Cross-genre blowtorches with bad guys and worse guys. Love stories both dark and bittersweet. A brand new novella and extensive story notes. You’ll find this and more in the fifth collection from three-time Bram Stoker award-winner Norman Partridge, an author Locus calls “one of the most dependable, exciting, and entertaining practitioners of dark suspense and dark fantasy … emphasis on the dark.”
In Lesser Demons, Partridge explores the kind of fiction that made him both a horror fan and a writer. Using the shotgun prose of a crime novel, the title story draws a deadly bead on H. P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu Mythos. “The Iron Dead” introduces Chaney, a monster-hunting pulp hero with a mechanical hand built in hell. “Carrion” cuts a mean swath through Robert E. Howard territory, while “The Big Man” explores dark shadows of American life never imagined in the atom-age horror movies of the fifties.
Table of Contents
- Second Chance
- The Big Man
- Lesser Demons
- The Fourth Stair up from the Second Landing
- And What Did You See in the World?
- Road Dogs
- The House Inside
- The Iron Dead
- A Few Words After
You can order through Subterranean here: Lesser Demons