Subterranean Press is currently handling order for Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King, published by Centipede Press until March 5th. “We’ll be accepting orders for only $525 per copy, including US shipping, which is more than $350.00 off the normal retail price.”
Description: This 448-page art book features loads of color and black & white artwork that has directly or indirectly illustrated the writings of Stephen King. The work has been culled from the last thirty-five years, and includes most all of the trade hardcover and mass market paperback editions, and virtually all of the artwork featured in the limited editions that have been published.
For most of the art, they have worked from either originals or first-generation transparencies, so most of the work is displayed with a brilliance that has never been seen. Plus, there are several pages of fold-out views, including several by Michael Whelan, Ned Dameron, J.K. Potter, John Jude Palencar, Stephen Gervais, and others.
The text, written by King critic George Beahm, looks back at 34 years of King in print. It provides a detailed look at the writer and his life, supplemented with interviews with Michael Whelan, Bernie Wrightson, Drew Struzan, John Cayea, Dave Christiansen, and many others.
The traycased edition is signed by over 33 artists, including Michael Whelan, Bernie Wrightson, Mark Ryden, Dave McKean, Rick Berry, and many more. The deluxe is housed in a large traycase that holds the book, plus a second book of oversize extra prints.
Deluxe: Two volumes housed in a custom traycase, signed by many contributors (but not Stephen King)
Finally, to make this an even better deal for their customers, the first 50 to order will also receive a free copy of Subterranean’s Stephen King Goes to the Movies, which features two-color printing throughout, as well as a number of full-color plates by Vincent Chong.
To find out more and/or order: Knowing Darkness
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013