Killer Nashville, the premier conference for mystery, thriller and crime fiction authors and fans, is pleased to announce New York Times bestselling author and multiple award winning master of horror Peter Straub as one of its three guests of honor at its seventh annual event, which takes place August 23-26, 2012 at the Hutton Hotel in Downtown Nashville.
“We’re dedicated to assisting writers in developing a greater understanding of the craft of the mystery, thriller, suspense, true crime dramas and horror fiction, and Mr. Straub is renowned for setting a very high standard in many of these arenas,” says Killer Nashville founder Clay Stafford, an international bestselling author himself, who has also worked in the film industry for years as a writer, director, producer and actor.
Peter Straub is the author of more than 17 novels, several poetry and short story collections, seven novellas, and a collection of nonfiction essays. Most famous for his work in the horror genre, he has also received acclaim for his poems, literary novels, and thrillers. His numerous literary awards include the Bram Stoker Award, the World Fantasy Award, and the International Horror Guild Award.
Straub’s first novel Marriages was published in 1973, but it was his fifth, the national bestseller Ghost Story, that made him a household name. Stephen King called it “one of the best horror novels of the latter half of the 20th century.” And later collaborated with Straub on two fantasy novels: The Talisman and its sequel, Black House. Straub also edited H. P. Lovecraft: Tales. His most recent thriller, A Dark Matter, was released in February, 2010.
Previous guests of honor at Killer Nashville include Jeffery Deaver, Michael Connelly, Carol Higgins Clark, Donald Bain, Robert Dugoni, Bill Bass and JA Jance.
Held the fourth full weekend of every August, the event opened with 70 guests from the immediate region and has grown to attract over 500 people, including budding writers, authors, editors, publishers and fans from throughout the U.S., Canada, the UK and Italy.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013