June will be a busy month for new Stephen King releases, which include a book, new short story, and film adaptation.
The fifth installment of The Gunslinger Born will be released by Marvel on June 6th.
A new Richard Bachman novel titled Blaze will be released in the U.S. and U.K. on June 12th. The German edition will be available in August, the Italian in October, the Polish edition in November, the Dutch edition on October 16th and the Spanish edition will be in the fall of 2008 (no month given yet). We do not have information at this time for other languages.
A long story entitled “The Gingerbread Girl” will be the centerpiece of Esquire Magazine’s July issue, on stands June 15th. A short synopsis follows: In the emotional aftermath of her baby’s sudden death, Em starts running. Soon she runs from her husband, to the airport, down to the Florida Gulf and out to the loneliest stretch of Vermillion Key, where her father has offered the use of a conch shack he has kept there for years. Em keeps up her running – barefoot on the beach, sneakers on the road – and sees virtually no one. This is doing her all kinds of good, until one day she makes the mistake of looking into the driveway of a man named Pickering. Pickering also enjoys the privacy of Vermillion Key, but the young women he brings there suffer the consequences …
And on June 22nd, 1408 starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson will make its U.S. theater release. This is an adaptation of the short story, “1408”, which can be found in the collection titled Everything’s Eventual.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009