JournalStone Publishing President, Christopher C. Payne has announced the hiring of the renowned Dr. Michael Collings, Professor Emeritus at Seaver College, Pepperdine University, in the position of Senior Publications Editor.
Dr. Collings has published over 100 volumes of poetry, novels, short fiction, and scholarly studies of such contemporary writers as Stephen King, Orson Scott Card, Dean R. Koontz, and Piers Anthony. Recent works include:
- The Art and Craft of Poetry (1996, 2009);
- Toward Other Worlds: Perspectives on John Milton, C. S. Lewis, Stephen King, Orson Scott Card, and Others (2010);
- In Endless Morn of Light: Moral Agency in Milton’s Universe (2010);
- In the Void: Poems of Science Fiction, Myth and Fantasy, and Horror (2009);
- Matrix: Growing Up West—Autobiographical Poems (2010);
- BlueRose and Other Chapbooks (2012);
- and a Book of Mormon epic, The Nephiad (1996, 2010).
His fiction includes:
- The House Beyond the Hill: A Novel of Fear (2007)
- Wordsmith, Volume One: The Thousand Eyes of Flame (2009) and Wordsmith, Volume Two: The Veil of Heaven (2009)
- Singer of Lies: A Science-Fantasy Novel (2009)
- Wer Means Man, and Other Tales of Wonder and Terror (2010)
- Three Tales of Omne: A Companion to Wordsmith (2010)
- Devil’s Plague: A Mystery Novel (2011)
- Serpent’s Tooth (2011)
- Static: A Novel of Horror (2011)
- Shadow Valley (2011)
- and The Slab (2010), the story of a haunted tract house in Southern California … that consumes people.
Dr. Collings has served as Guest of Honor, Scholar Guest of Honor, Poet Guest of Honor, and Special Guest at a number of science fiction, fantasy, and horror conferences, including HorrorFest ’89, Brigham Young University’s ‘Life, the Universe, and Everything,” World Horror Con 2008, and World Horror Con 2012. He has been an invited panelist on over 60 convention panels dealing with topics as disparate as Stephen King, the role of religion in science fiction, and the nature of horror poetry.
He is now retired and lives in his native state of Idaho.
JournalStone Publishing is a small press publishing company, focusing in the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror genres in both the adult and young adult markets. We publish in multiple book formats and market our authors on a global level. We are also active with major writer’s groups, including the Horror Writers Association (HWA), and produce a monthly newsletter with exposure to thousands of people. Our online presence and marketing effort is constantly expanding and recently we began our own forum. The company’s main goal is to publish quality novels that will showcase an author’s work and promote that work utilizing our evolving presence. Assisted by a hard-working and distinguished staff of employees, President and Editor-In-Chief Christopher C. Payne has led JS on a rapid and successful journey to recognition and sales within the marketplace.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013