From the press release:
SAN FRANCISCO, May 17, 2013 – JournalStone Publishing (JSP) President, Christopher C. Payne is pleased to announce the release of Nightmare Ballad, the first in a surreal horror trilogy by Benjamin Kane Ethridge. On the release date and through the weekend (May 17-19) a free ARC of the highly acclaimed Limbus, Inc. anthology will be given away to those who purchase Nightmare Ballad. Purchases made outside the Journal Store still qualify. For your free book, just mail a copy of the email receipt to email@example.com
About the novel: One day, while instructing a swim class, Luke Rhodes hears a strange ballad in his head that twists reality. After a series of terrifying events, he escapes through a black curtain and leaves a living nightmare behind. The ballad hasn’t left him though. Pieces remain. And when the song surfaces… the nightmare returns. Joined by Luke’s two wives and his miscreant friend Johnny Cruz, they resolve to discover the source of these “Lifemares,” and, more importantly, how to escape them. Time is against them. Innocent people are dying and these freakish disturbances are devastating the world they know.
About the Author: Benjamin Kane Ethridge is the Bram Stoker Award winning author of the novel BLACK & ORANGE (Bad Moon Books 2010). He’s written three other novels, one of which has also been nominated for the Bram Stoker award, BOTTLED ABYSS (Redrum Horror 2012). For his master’s thesis he wrote, “CAUSES OF UNEASE: The Rhetoric of Horror Fiction and Film.”
JournalStone Publishing is a small press publishing company, focusing in the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror genres in both the adult and young adult markets. JSP also owns and operates the Hellnotes website, offering daily news and reviews of interest to genre readers and fans, and Dark Discoveries Magazine, a slick, full color, distinguished and internationally distributed quarterly magazine. We publish in multiple book formats and market our authors on a global level. We are also active with major writer’s groups, includingthe Horror Writers Association (HWA), and produce a monthly newsletter with exposure to thousands of people.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015