Screenvision, a national leader in cinema advertising sales, services and content distribution, has teamed up with Compass International Pictures and Trancas International Films to bring John Carpenter’s immortal 1978 classic, Halloween, back to the big screen. This nationwide release, beginning October 25th with select showings through October 31st, will be the widest distribution the film has seen since originally shocking audiences in 1978. This cinema scare classic will be presented in a striking, new HD transfer and 5.1 audio.
Screenvision’s presentation of Halloween will also include an exclusive documentary short entitled “You Can’t Kill The Bogeyman: 35 Years of Halloween.” The documentary focuses on the undeniable impact the film, and series, has had on culture and the genre. A full list of exhibiting theaters will be announced soon.
In the film, the villain, Michael Myers, has spent the last 15 years locked away inside a sanitarium under the care of child psychiatrist Dr. Sam Loomis. On October 30, 1978, Myers escapes and makes his way back home to Haddonfield, turning a night of tricks and treats into something much more sinister for three young women, including Laurie Strode, the star-making role for Jamie Lee Curtis. Dr. Loomis is their only hope, but will he find his shadow-dwelling patient in time?
“We are thrilled to bring John Carpenter’s original Halloween back to the screen after almost 35 years,” says series producer Malek Akkad. “We are excited for fans from coast to coast to finally get the ultimate theatrical experience.”
Darryl Schaffer, EVP of Exhibitor Relations, Screenvision said: “We’re excited to bring the movie that helped define the horror genre back to the big screen for this timely exhibition.”
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013