John Brinling has released his occult murder thriller, The Watcher, on Amazon’s Kindle and Smashwords.
Description: The horror was starting again.
That is the opening sentence in this novel, a supernatural thriller about vengeance, love, courage – and getting one more chance! The story deals with mindlinks, thought transference, reincarnation and mindless obedience to a father’s demonic will. The heroine is a middle aged woman named Janet Stapleton, who lost the use of her legs in a mysterious car accident that killed her husband, Russ. For reasons she doesn’t understand, her astral body is being called upon to witness a series of brutal slayings. As the story unfolds, it is revealed that she either knew these victims directly or they were related to people she or her husband knew.
“My writing is pure escapism,” says Brinling. “When I sit down to write, I embark on an adventure. I let things happen and I let the characters be who they are. Since I strongly avoid outlines, I am as surprised by events as I hope the reader is. Pulling together loose ends is a subject for revision, which I do endlessly. This undoubtedly makes for more work and takes me longer to ‘finish’ something, but it seems to be the best, the only, way for me. It is the candy bar just out of reach that keeps me at the keyboard.”
Readers can pick up the ebook for only $2.99 at one of the following outlets:
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013