BIRMINGHAM, UK, March 25, 2014 – Short, Scary Tales Publications (SST Publications) Owner, Paul Fry is delighted to announce the signing of multi-award winning and best-selling author Joe R. Lansdale, and award-winning professional illustrator and comic artist Daniele Serra to publish a graphic novel featuring two of Joe R. Lansdale’s classic short stories which will be adapted and illustrated by Daniele Serra. The book will be published late 2014 and promises to be something very special.
Joe R. Lansdale is the author of numerous novels and short stories and the recipient of many recognitions for his work. Among them the Edgar Award, 9 Bram Stokers, one being life achievement. He is also a Grandmaster of Horror from the Horror Writers of America. He also received the Grinzane Cavour Prize for literature, and is a member of the Texas Literary Hall of Fame and the Texas Institute of Letters, and is Writer in Residence at Stephen F. Austin State University. His work has been adapted to comics and films such as Bubba Ho-Tep, and the forthcoming Cold in July. He lives in Nacogdoches, Texas with his wife.
Daniele Serra was born and lives in Italy. He works as an illustrator and comic artist. His work has been published in Europe, Australia, United States and Japan. He has worked for DC Comics, Image Comics, Cemetery Dance, Weird Tales magazine, PS Publishing and other publications. He’s a winner of the British Fantasy Award. Find him at www.multigrade.it.
SST Publications (www.sstpublications.co.uk) is an independent publisher focusing on publishing the best in horror and erotic horror fiction. We have published several books; our first title, Cold Storage included an introduction by legendary author Graham Masterton. Our most recent books include the erotic horror anthology Peep Show, Volume 2 and the debut dark, thriller novel Don’t Stand So Close by screenwriter/director Eric Red. We also published the classic erotic horror magazine Peep Show, and have recently launched our new horror fiction & dark art magazine Beware the Dark, which is a unique size (7.44 x 9.69 in), full-color interior, high-quality produced mag of between 100-130 pages bringing you the best dark and disturbing fiction and artwork. SST has also launched a new Art Book Series and will publish some of the best artists in the genre. Our first title Veins and Skulls is by award-winning professional illustrator Daniele Serra. We publish our titles in multiple formats and they are distributed worldwide by Ingram, the world’s largest book distributor.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015