TAMPA, Fla., Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Novelist Jeffrey Wilson has won top honors in the Military Writers Society of America’s book awards program for his novel, The Donors (ISBN: 978-1-936564-46-0, Trade Paper, 246 pages, $16.95, Also available in eBook format).
An annual awards program, the Military Writer’s Society of America (MWSA) Book Awards recognizes outstanding military-themed books in a wide range of categories. The Military Writers Society of America is an association of more than 800 authors, poets, artists, and photographers whose core principle is a love of the men and women who defend this nation, and an understanding and respect of their sacrifice and dedication.
The Donors was awarded a Gold Medal in the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror category.
A brilliantly-conceived novel that fuses elements of horror, medical suspense and the supernatural, The Donors is a tense and terrifying tale about the ultimate struggle of good versus evil.
Hailed as a formidable talent with an uncanny ability to create universally-moving, inventive, and gripping stories, Wilson draws from a diverse array of life experiences. A trauma and combat surgeon who served two tours in Iraq, Wilson knows first-hand the horrors of war, the painful uncertainty of life-or-death situations, and the grip of seeing those haunting images that cannot be unseen. While Wilson’s realm of experience provides a rich resource for the fresh, innovative, and imaginative storylines he creates, what elevates his writing to another level is the uniquely human element that courses throughout. His latest novel, The Donors, is populated with real, relatable, flesh-and-blood characters who come to life within the pages. And what results is a gripping, mesmerizing, and evocative novel.Meticulously-plotted, carefully- crafted with the precision of a surgeon, and bristling with suspense, The Donors is a haunting story that will leave readers breathless.
Award-winning novelist Jeffrey Wilson has worked as an actor, a firefighter, a paramedic, a jet pilot, a diving instructor, a Naval Officer, and a Vascular and Trauma Surgeon. He also served two tours in Iraq as a combat surgeon with both the Marines and with a Joint Special Operations Task Force. Wilson has written dozens of short stories and is the author of two additional novels, Traiteur’s Ring (2011) and Fade to Black (2013). Jeffrey and his wife, Wendy, are Virginia natives who, with children Emma, Jack, and Connor, call Southwest Florida home. When not working as a surgeon or chasing his three kids, he is hard at work on his next novel. Visit Jeffrey Wilson online at: www.jeffreywilsonfiction.com
Journalstone Publishing is an independent book publisher focusing on titles within the Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror genres.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015