The International Horror Guild Awards for works from 2006 were presented Thursday evening, November 1, 2007 at the Saratoga Hotel and Conference Center during the World Fantasy Convention in Saratoga Springs, New York. Ramsey Campbell was honored as a Living Legend. Jo Fletcher presented the Living Legend Award. John Picacio served as Master of Ceremonies.
• Conrad Williams – The Unblemished (Earthling)
• Norman Partridge – Dark Harvest (CD Publications)
• Paul Finch – The Old North Road (Alone on the Darkside)
• Stephen Gallagher – “The Box” (Retro-Pulp Tales)
Collection (Single Author) [Tie]
• Terry Dowling – Basic Black (CD Publications)
• Glen Hirshberg – American Morons (Earthling)
• William Sheehan and Bill Schafer, editors – Lords of the Razor (Subterranean Press)
• Lewis Trondheim – A.L.I.E.E.N. (France: Editions Breal, 2004; US: Firstsecond Books, 2006)
• S.T. Joshi, editor – Icons of Horror and the Supernatural (Greenwood Press)
• Aeron Alfrey – Exhibits from the Imaginary Museum
• John Picacio – Cover Story: The Art of John Picacio (MonkeyBrain)
The International Horror Guild Awards are now in their thirteenth year. Based on public recommendations, the juried awards recognize outstanding achievements in the field of Horror and Dark Fantasy. [List of recipients and nominees] Nominations are derived from recommendations made by the public and the judges’ knowledge of the field. Edward Bryant, Stefan R. Dziemianowicz, Ann Kennedy, and Hank Wagner currently adjudicate. Paula Guran is the award administrator. The awards are overseen by a non-profit corporation, The Mirabundus Project, Inc.