IFC Midnight has announced the upcoming release of Vampires, a fresh, biting comedy from Belgian director Vincent Lannoo.
Description: In the hilarious, satirical Vampires, a documentary film crew introduces viewers to husband and wife Georges and Bertha and their children Samson and Grace, a family of vampires living in suburban Belgium. They feed on illegal immigrants and former prostitutes (referred to as “meat”) and attend gatherings with other vampires in the same district. Georges is a bit creepy, Bertha a little unhinged, and Grace is trying to kill herself (which, as an immortal vampire, she can’t), but otherwise they seem like a normal family. But when the partying son Samson is caught having sex with the wife of the district vampire leader, the family is exiled (under Vampire Law, handed down from Count Dracula) to Canada, where a vampire’s life is a lot less protected.
It turns out vampires must keep to a strict code. They are, for example, prohibited from sleeping with their leader’s wife. That’s where Samson went too far… Now he and his whole family are exiled to Quebec, where even vampires have to work for a living!
A fresh, biting comedy from Vincent Lannoo!
Need a little taste? Here’s the trailer:
Vampires will be available nationwide on demand from IFC Midnight, via Comcast, Cox, Cablevision, Time Warner, and Bright House starting July 1st.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013