Chômu Press, a UK imprint dedicated to publishing fiction that is both imaginative and unhindered by considerations of genre, has released I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like by Justin Isis.
Description: I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like is a collection of obsessive and yet crystalline stories set in contemporary Japan, written with savvy that is flawlessly streetwise, literary and metaphysically profound all at once.
From the back cover copy: “If a deracinated Oscar Wilde or Villiers de L’isle-Adam were transported from Europe at the end of the nineteenth century to Japan at the beginning of the twenty-first, their aesthetic ecstasies and mystical revelations might involve otherworldly street fashion, animistic consumerism and mantis-like sexual encounters. This is the world of I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like – a landscape of crystalline obsession where beauty and terror collide. In these ten stories, Justin Isis weighs miniaturised epiphanies of artificial paradise against the immense bleakness of the post-Copernican universe.”
- I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like Unauthorized Egg Model Book Cover
- Manami’s Hair
- The Garden of Sleep
- I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like
- The Quest for Chinese People
- A Design for Life
- I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like Etc.
- The Eye of the Living Is No Warmth
- A Thread from Heaven
Learn more from Amazon: I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013