Ty Schwamberger reports that Little Oak Film Group recently optioned the rights to his yet unpublished novella – House Call.
Description: Mariam thought it was going to be a weekend of relaxation. She had her little sister to take care of, but knew she could that handle that without much of a problem. That all changed when Jessica got extremely sick and Mariam had no other choice but to call the family doctor to make a house call.
John and Nick decides tonight is perfect to burglarize a house. They stake the place out and are delighted to find the only people inside are two young girls. It was going to be easy to pull off.
Or so they thought.
What ensues is a battle between the girls that are home alone and the two bad men.
Little do any of them know someone else plans to make a house call of their own.
From Little Oak: We are an independent film company in Houston, Texas currently producing horror films. Little Oak is run by Shannon Casto and Michelle Henderson. We began working with Texas horror actor Parrish Randall for his company PRP Motion Pictures in 2005. We were zombie extras in a film Parrish starred in, Nott Entertainment’s The Quick and the Undead. After that, we were in PRP’s Texas Road Kill as both small part actors and production assistants. In PRP’s next project, Slaughter House, Michelle was the lead female in the film, and Shannon played a small role and did most of the cinematography in the film as well. In the summer of 2007, we branched out on our own and formed Little Oak Film Group. We produced our first feature film, Sinner, and since then, we have filmed seven additional full-length feather films. We are now in production on our film Gut Instincts, which includes three vignettes, “Speaking Ill of the Dead,” “Trip” and “Patterson Road,” which should be completed in fall/winter of 2011. We have also begun to collaborate with horror writer Ty Schwamberger on a film adaptation of his novella, House Call.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013