June 19, 2014
HWA ANNOUNCES DIGITAL RE-ISSUES OF CLASSIC ANTHOLOGIES
The Horror Writers Association is pleased to announce that its “Horror Writers Association Presents” anthologies from the 1990s, edited by such genre superstars as Ramsey Campbell, Robert Bloch and Peter Straub, are being released for the first time as e-books. Originally published in mass market paperbacks by Pocket Books, titles like Robert Bloch’s Psychos have been out-of-print and unavailable for nearly twenty years. With contributors including Dan Simmons, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Richard Laymon, Charles L. Grant, and many more, these books are ready to thrill e-readers everywhere.
HWA’s Vice President Lisa Morton, who oversees the organization’s publications, said, “We’ve wanted to make these books available to a new generation of readers for a long time. Now, thanks to the work of volunteers like Hal Bodner, we can finally offer these amazing anthologies in affordable digital versions, with exciting new covers by artist Greg Chapman.”
The first title in the planned series of re-issues is F. Paul Wilson’s Freak Show, which is highly sought-after in the collectors’ market. Freak Show interweaves its stories into an epic tapestry that follows a sinister carnival as it travels across America. In addition to Wilson, Freak Show’s contributors are Douglas Borton, Richard Lee Byers, Scott Cupp, Morgan Fields, Craig Shaw Gardner, R. Patrick Gates, Nancy Kilpatrick, Rex Miller, Lee Moler, Thomas F. Monteleone, Yvonne Navarro, Gregory Nicoll, Kathryn Ptacek, Dan Simmons, Steven Spruill, Brad Strickland and Chet Williamson.
The next book will be Robert McCammon’s Under the Fang, with vampire fiction by McCammon, Brian Hodge, Charles de Lint, Yarbro and many more.
Freak Show is now on sale at Amazon, with additional sales outlets coming soon.
For more information on HWA, please visit www.horror.org .
- Richard Christian Matheson Interview with Rick Hipson - March 27, 2017
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014