Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, has added a second show in 2011 to bring horror fans out of hibernation and get their blood pumping. A one-day “mini-convention” will be held on March 5th at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South as a prelude to the regular annual show on September 16-18.
Dubbed “Spring Break Massacre,” the March event will feature a limited number of invited local dealers, the return of the popular VHS viewing room, a film room and plenty of events, panels and contests, including:
- The Ghoulywed Game – a game for couples who share a love of horror
- Horror trivia contest with the topic of slasher films – which will be the theme of the September convention
- Zombie Survival Course presented by Zomburgh Educational Outreach and Preparedness Center
- Horror haiku poetry slam – bust out your best 5-7-5 tribute to horror
- Sermon of the Living Dead – a discussion group examining the works of George Romero and the religious humanist lessons and dialogues contained within them.
Scream queen Tiffany Shepis will be a guest at the March show.
Dealer and panel room hours are 11 am to 7 pm. Movie rooms will operate from 11 AM to midnight. From 9 pm to midnight, there will be a Zombie Gras party featuring dancing, giveaways, a charity raffle and a cash bar. Celebrate the voodoo heritage of New Orleans in the Zombie Capital of the World! Laissez les mort temps rouler (let the dead times roll)! The Zombie Gras is open to ages 18 and older with proper ID.
Tickets are available online or at the door. Admission is $7 for the convention/dealer room/panels; $10 for the convention plus Zombie Gras; and $5 for Zombie Gras only. Visit: Horror Realm