Pittsburgh, PA – September 30, 2013 – Fresh off its 5th anniversary convention, Horror Realm continues the scares with three film events in October at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont:
– Chiller Films and Horror Realm present The Monkey’s Paw on October 8 and 9 at 7:30 PM. Pittsburgh is one of only 13 select cities in the country hosting premiere screenings of the film. Tickets are $7 and available at the door only.
After Jake Tilton acquires a mystical “monkey’s paw” talisman that grants its possessor three wishes, he finds his world turned upside down after his first two wishes result in his malevolent coworker, Tony Cobb, being resurrected from the dead. When Cobb pressures Jake into using the final wish to reunite Cobb with his son, his intimidation quickly escalates into relentless murder – forcing Jake to outwit his psychotic friend and save his remaining loved ones.
The Monkey’s Paw is adapted from the renowned short story by W.W. Jacobs, and picks up where the short story left off. The film is written by Macon Blair and directed by Brett Simmons. Ross Otterman produced for TMP Films, LLC. Featuring Stephen Lang, CJ Thomason, Corbin Bleu, Michelle Pierce, Tauvia Dawn and Charles S. Dutton. www.monkeyspawthemovie.com
– The popular 13 Hours of Horror program returns on October 19. Doors will open at 10:45 AM and films will begin at 11:00 AM. Movie goers may purchase an all day pass for $13 or pay $5 to see an individual movie. Tickets will be available at the door only.
The full movie schedule will be announced soon but included in the lineup will be locally made “Jagoff Massacre” from Drunken Yinzer Productions and co-directors Daniel Boyd and Tim Gross.
Creepy Classics will be on hand with a selection of classic horror, science fiction and mystery movie collectibles, hard-to-find movies on DVD and VHS video plus Famous Monsters Magazines, books, t-shirts and posters available for purchase.
– Join us on October 26 for a Halloween costume party, with a tribute to Pittsburgh’s classic TV program Chiller Theater and an appearance by host Bill “Chilly Billy” Cardille. Includes a chance to meet Chilly Billy, classic footage from Chiller Theater, a special screening of the 1954 flick “Creature from the Black Lagoon” (a 35mm print and in 3D), scary snacks, adult and kid beverages, and more! Doors at 6 PM; program starts at 7 PM.
Tickets are $15 in advance at http://www.showclix.com/event/halloweenpartywithchillybilly or $20 at door. Admission includes two drink tickets. Costumes encouraged—prizes will be awarded.
The Hollywood Theater is located at 1449 Potomac Avenue in Dormont. Ample free parking is available at metered on-street spaces or parking lots. The theater is located less than two blocks from the Potomac Avenue light rail transit station. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thehollywooddormont.org.
For information about Horror Realm and upcoming events, please visit www.horrorrealmcon.com. The next convention will be Spring Break Massacre on March 7-9, 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South.
About Horror Realm:
Horror Realm, established in 2009, produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, Friends of the Hollywood Theater, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape and Shepherd Wellness Community. www.horrorrealmcon.com
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015