Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, has been honored with a nomination for Best Convention of 2009 by the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards. The Rondos are fan based, with nominations and votes coming from horror fans, pros and enthusiasts. The Classic Horror Film Board has been honoring excellence in the horror genre through the Rondos since 2002. Voting continues through April 3; ballots are available at: Rondo Award
Horror Realm offers an eclectic guest lineup for horror fans, including the addition of:
- Three’s Company cast members Priscilla Barnes and Joyce DeWitt. Barnes is best known to horror fans for her role in the 2005 Rob Zombie film, The Devil’s Rejects.
- Gary Streiner, one of the ten original investors in the seminal horror film Night of the Living Dead. Streiner was also sound engineer for the film and founder of the Living Dead Festival.
- Mike Gornick, who was director of photography for the George Romero films Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Knightriders and Creepshow. He also directed the film Creepshow II.
- Terri Susan Smith was the lead female actress in the cult film Basket Case. Today, Terri is better known as gypsy artist Ahu Smith, who creates sacred healing Bowls of Empowerment.
- Mark Tierno will make his first ever convention appearance at Horror Realm. Tierno is a voice-over artist and comedian best known for his role as the zombie “Beef Treats” in the film Day of the Dead.
- Monique Dupree, a scream queen, alternative model and singer with more than 50 films to her credit.
- Mark Cray, an independent actor best known for roles in The Grindhouse Massacre and The Horror Convention Massacre.
- Dawn of the Dead alums Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Tony Buba and Joe Shelby.
A complete guest list including photos and bios can be found on the convention web site.
The convention welcomes the Pittsburgh Film Worker Awards as part of its film program. The awards honor work in independent feature length as well as short horror films with a “Creatch” award. The competition will include a short film festival.
The Horror Realm film program will also feature a screening of Night of the Living Dead Reanimated, a video based art show in which artists from around the world were invited to select scenes from the original film and make them their own.
For details on the convention, including exhibitor and sponsor rates, schedule, guests, advance ticket purchase and hotel reservations, please visit: Horror Realm
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013