Pittsburgh, PA – December 1, 2013 – Horror Realm has a holiday treat for all its good (and bad) little horror fans! A special screening of three non-traditional Santa films will be held at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont on Sunday, December 8. Tickets are available at the door for $5 for each film, or see all three films for $10. The film schedule is:
– 4:30 PM – Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) – hurray for Santy Claus! TV Guide says “This is, without exaggeration, one of the single worst films ever made, which hasn’t prevented it from becoming a cult classic.” The movie features a 10 year old Pia Zadora.
– 6:30 PM – Krampus: The Christmas Devil (2013) – St. Nick’s evil brother brings wrath on children who misbehave. This indie film has won Runner-up best horror film at both the 2013 Cleveland Indie Gathering and the prestigious Action on Film Film Festival in Monrovia, CA.
– 8:15 PM – Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 (1987) – sequel to the 1984 Santa slasher flick. Prayers won’t save you in the silent part of this night….
This is the final night of the annual holiday gift drive to benefit The Bradley Center, a regional behavioral healthcare and child welfare system that provides comprehensive and caring services to children, youth and families. Patrons are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped gift donation. Suggested gift items include gift cards, arts and crafts items, board or card games, hats/gloves/scarves or items with logos of the city’s professional sports teams.
The Hollywood Theater is located at 1449 Potomac Avenue in Dormont. Ample free parking is available at metered on-street spaces or parking lots. The theater is located less than two blocks from the Potomac Avenue light rail transit station.
Horror Realm’s next convention will be the Spring Break Massacre show on March 7-9, 2014. Guests announced to date include Eugene Clark (Land of the Dead), Robert Mukes (House of 1000 Corpses) and Dawn of the Dead cast members Sharon Ceccatti, David Crawford, Leonard Lies, Joe Shelby and Nick Tallo. For a full guest list or more information, visit www.horrorrealmcon.com.
About Horror Realm:
Horror Realm, established in 2009, produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, Friends of the Hollywood Theater, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape and Shepherd Wellness Community. www.horrorrealmcon.com
About The Hollywood Theater:
The Hollywood Theater is a non-profit 280-seat single screen theater located at 1449 Potomac Avenue in Dormont. The theater features repertory and independent films as well as special events such as art shows and fundraisers. Contact the theater at 412-563-0368 orwww.thehollywooddormont.org for details on upcoming shows or to rent the theater for your party or event.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015