Day Terror (The Harrow Press; POD format). Editors Kfir Luzzatto and Dru Pagliassotti want “atmospheric horror stories set in broad daylight and featuring the chilling, the supernatural, the grotesque, the creepy, and the unheimlich. It is looking for once-familiar people and places that suddenly aren’t what they seem, eerie coincidences that turn reality inside-out, and commonplace events that take on uncanny overtones. Day-walking vampires, weresalarymen, zombie grandmothers, carnivorous babies, serial-killer schoolgirls, mundane murderers and any sort of dream, hallucination, or virtual reality need not apply.”
2500-5000 words; pays $25 (lead story), $10 (other stories).
Opens: January 1, 2010; Deadline: Until filled.
Send submissions as MS Word or RTF attachments to: Day Terror.
Courtesy of The Gila Queen’s Guide to Markets. Hellnotes special: 20 issues for only $18. Just mention Hellnotes to get this great deal.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013