Briny creatures invade Philadelphia in Jason Radak’s “Deep Flux,” one of the many horror highlights in the Summer 2012 issue of Big Pulp. “You’ll never look at sushi the same way again,” remarked Bill Olver, Big Pulp editor. “Deep Flux” begins with a chance encounter between a children’s speech therapist and a stranger oozing octopus ink, and builds to a nauseating, horrifying climax in an elementary school classroom.
Also in this issue’s horror section, readers will find out what awaits them in “The Panic Cell,” in John Davies’ post-apocalyptic tale; and learn what “The Devil’s Cousin” has in store for the world’s children, with Libby Cudmore. Chanté McCoy explores the type of job that most suits a demon, in “Career Calling” and Joanna M. Weston shows us life after death “In a Graveyard.” Also in this issue, two weird western tales: “Mercer’s Ghost,” an eerie tale of old west vengeance, by Milo James Fowler; and “Above Snakes,” a cyberpunk western by John Medaille.
A modern version of the classic pulp and popular fiction magazines, Big Pulp features 200 pages of science fiction, fantasy, mystery, adventure, romance, and horror fiction and poetry, written by the best emerging and established genre writers from around the world.
You can pick up the Kindle edition of this Exter Press title here: Big Pulp Summer 2012
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013