Truth or Dare
by Nathan Hystad
I always knew there was something seriously wrong with my cousin. One night when we were around twelve, we were playing truth or dare in the basement. She dared me to close my eyes for three minutes and not open them no matter what I heard. To this day I haven’t confronted her but I opened my eyes to slits as her horrible noises made my skin crawl. Her face was gone! Her tongue and eyes were moving side to side. She didn’t catch me peeking.
”Truth,” I croaked next time it was my turn.
Nathan Hystad is a writer from Sherwood Park, Alberta. His story ‘The Attic’ was just released in North 2 South Press’: Whispers From the Past: Fright and Fear anthology. ‘A Haunting Past’, another short story is in the upcoming anthology Malevolence: Tales from Beyond the Veil, expected out mid October.
For insight into his mind, check out his blog at http://nathanhystad.ticketyboopress.co.uk/
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015