Rachel Martens is the latest author to try her hand at Horror in a Hundred. I believe you’ll like this one. If you want to learn more about Rachel, please visit her website at http://rachelmmartens.com/.
Thy Kingdom Come
by Rachel Martens
Gone. He’s gone. Never coming back. I stare at his gravestone. It can’t be real. Can’t. My stomach is bleeding, my heart missing. I can’t feel it beat. I don’t want it to. I know it’s raining because the droplets stain the stone. Like blood dripping over concrete. Lightning crackles, flashes across his name in the dark.
Why didn’t God save him? I beg Him for comfort, but with no conviction.
Thy kingdom come…thy will be done…
I raise my hands clasped in prayer to Heaven, my knuckles white.
A white flash.
The sick crunch of skull on stone.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015