by K.Z. Morano
“Some may assume that I don’t like hearing people talk… and that it is why I do what I do.
On the contrary, I like listening to other people’s opinions. Particularly yours. Thoughts?”
The professor walked along the aisle to approach a student.
He picked her up from the stool, tapped the glass and listened intently as the tongue swam like fish in its bowl of formaldehyde.
He frowned. Her answer failed to impress him.
The professor reached inside the jar, choking the tongue-pupil to silence.
He grabbed his hammer and nailed her to the board, beside the other delinquents.
K.Z. Morano writes anything from horror to SF, F, and romance. Her first published work is ”The Baobab” in Popcorn Horror Presents published by Popcorn Horror in August 2013. Her recent works include “The Other Child” in Ugly Babies: the Anthology by JWK Fiction in October 2013 (reprinted in Blood Reign Literary Magazine December 2013), “Wooden Lips” in Cellar Door: Words of Beauty Tales of Terror Vol II, and “The Old Man’s Tree” in Blood Reign Lit Mag issue #1. Several of her stories will also be appearing in various forthcoming anthologies.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015